Monday 4 January 2016

Prisma colour full set, is it worth it?

So today, yikes, I can hardly contain myself! I made my first ever investment into and full, full set of artists pencils.

I had been toying back and forth between Faber Castell Polychromos and Prisma Colours. I had a post regarding this only a few days ago...so yes, I took the plunge and went with Prisma :-))



In the very full set of these pencils you get 150 glorious soft, blendable pencils, the colours are truly beautiful. A vast, vast array of every colour/tone you can think of!

The reason I went with these over Polychromos is; I feel that the pigments are brighter, the colours really do jump off the page. I also feel they blend better than Polychromos. The cores are so soft, yet sturdy. 

I know these pencils have received some scrutiny after they moved their production, but I honestly love them. I haven't encountered any problems at all. I do still own a 60 tin set of Polychromos and I definitely wouldn't part with them.

A full set of Prisma costs around £150 with shipping here in the UK, it's a lot and I have been saving up the extra pennies for them :-) However to me they were fully worth the investment.

What may help, which is what I did, is buy a smaller set of both brands to test out for yourself which ones you prefer before parting with the pennies. 

As always I'm always happy to answer any questions you may have :-) 

Now off too stare at this vast tin of pencils! Feeling all dreamy eyed! 

Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment