Saturday 2 January 2016

Drawing faces and mastering it


Hello Guys..

Hope you all had a good New Year, and Christmas! I'm done now for Christmas. I definitely don't want to see any Christmas pudding again anytime soon.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about what drawings I might create in 2016 and what I might want to improve on, to push myself. On this note I have been thinking a lot about portraits!!! Mastering the complexity of proportions, shadows and tones is a tricky little number, but practice makes perfect, so onwards and upwards. On this note I have just received for Christmas these wonderful books by professional art tutor and writer: Jake Spicer.

- Drawing Faces in 15 mins and
- Drawing People in 15 mins



To me like I say, both of these drawing subjects can be tricky. But, these books are both so easy to understand and follow! It really is broken down so well.

From simply capturing your subject to filling in tones, shadows, features and intricate details.

Whenever I have been drawing people and faces it really does help to think about the bone structure and muscle underneath the skin..and these books cover this well too! Like, thinking about how the eye fits in the socket of a person rather than just floating on top of the face and skin, it really helps you think about shadows and where thy sit.




I'm so looking forward to tackling these areas of my drawing this year and improving on them. 

I received these books from Santa ;-) but for anyone looking to tackle this vast subject and get a good easy to understand start, or to brush up on old knowledge and skills, these books could be for you! I've looked up the prices and here in the UK they're both about £10 new, bargain! 

Anyway, that's all for now...if anyone needs any help or advice, just message me anytime...happy to lend a hand :-) 

jenniferlouington@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment